If you’re looking to turn back the clock on your facial features, Juvederm can be an excellent, non-invasive option. With age, your face loses volume due to loss of collagen and starts developing fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers like Juvederm can address these issues, allowing you to age gracefully.
Juvederm is very popular; in fact, over 2 million people in the US had hyaluronic acid filler procedures done in 2019. Hyaluronic acid, the main ingredient in Juvederm, visibly plumps the skin and gives instant volume to facial tissue.
What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm is an injectable facial filler with a gel-like consistency that plumps up areas of the face. It is injected into the tissue below the skin to add volume and smooth out wrinkles for a youthful appearance.
There are several types of Juvederm to address specific areas depending on your needs:
- Ultra XC. Used for enhancing the lips and surrounding area for volume.
- Ultra Plus XC. Has a thicker consistency and is used to smooth deeper facial wrinkles and folds.
- Voluma XC. Has the thickest consistency and is applied to the cheek and chin areas to correct volume loss and provide a lifted and more sculpted profile.
- Vollure XC. Is the longest-lasting Juvederm option and is used for the facial area to plump wrinkles and folds, such as laugh lines.
- Volbella XC. Has the thinnest consistency and is primarily used for lip volume and plumping lines around the mouth and even the eye area.
Where Can Juvederm Be Used?
Juvederm can be used in different areas, depending on the results you are seeking:
- Lips & surrounding area can be made fuller
- Cheeks can be plumped and lifted
- Wrinkles, folds, and lines can be filled and smoothed
- Chins can be sculpted
- Hands can be plumped to look younger
- The undereye area (tear trough) can be filled, giving a refreshed and youthful appearance
Is Juvederm Safe?
Juvederm is FDA approved and its main ingredient of hyaluronic acid is a compound already found in our skin; allergic reactions can occur but are quite rare. You may experience some temporary swelling and bruising of the skin but that will dissipate.
Having Juvederm administered by a board-certified plastic surgeon’s office is always recommended as board certification. Additionally, finding a skilled Juvederm provider can be essential, as they understand the treatment and possess the requisite skill and experience to administer it.
What Can You Expect at Your Appointment?
The process itself can be done in less than an hour and produces immediate results. Your plastic surgeon or his specialist will examine your skin and decide upon the necessary dosage and type of filler to achieve your desired results.
Before the injection, ice or a topical cream may be applied to numb the skin. The treated area may appear swollen at first and take up to 2 weeks to settle in for the final look. Depending on the type of Juvederm you choose, you can expect the results to last 6-18 months.
Is Juvederm for You?
Juvederm is a popular filler option and can be done in under an hour. If you’re looking for a non-surgical option that can enhance and freshen up your facial features, Juvederm can help you achieve those goals with near immediate results. It can plump, fill, lift, sculpt, and smooth out your skin for a more youthful appearance.